LearningGames® is developed by world-leading early childhood development expert Professor Joseph Sparling. What had been previously thought of as ‘only child’s play’ turns out to be very important. Children who learn and explore in infancy and early childhood start kindergarten and school with a desire to learn. Opportunities to learn and play go hand-in-hand, and these learning opportunities for very young children happen best through playful, game-like activity.
LearningGames® is comprised of 200 individualised experiences or educational games, spread over five books targeting the age groups of (prices in AUD):
- Birth – 12 months ($35.00 inc GST^)
- 12 – 24 months ($35.00 inc GST^)
- 24 – 36 months ($35.00 inc GST^)
- 36 – 48 months ($35.00 inc GST^)
- 48 – 60 months ($35.00 inc GST^)
- Complete set of 5 books - $150.00 inc GST^
LearningGames® are based on the following fundamental principles:
- Simple but deep: the games are simple, but the contents have deep meaning and significance for the development of the child.
- Focused adult-child interactions: involving an adult and one or two children.
- Items that early childhood educators use, can also be used by parents.
- Flexible: for use in different types of programs—kindergarten, day care, home visiting, play groups, parent workshops, etc.
LearningGames® reflects a comprehensive developmental perspective and is compatible with Australia’s Early Years Learning Framework.
ASG has selected a range of educational books which encourage the growth and use of the mind and have been written by specialists in their field. These books, aimed at educators and parents, provide step-by-step guidance covering a variety of topics, including:
- Overcoming bullying
- Mastering thoughts and feelings
- Self belief, overcoming fears
- Self discovery, relationships, self motivation
- Achieving success
- School readiness, and transition strategies
ASG offers its members a 50 per cent discount on all individual LearningGames® books^, including the complete set of five, and all ASG Books.
^ Postage and handling is not included or discounted